The most important activity of this AWEPA Programme during 2012 was the co-organisation of the Plenary Assembly of the Forum together with the Forum General Secretariat and the DRC Parliament. Attended by seven speakers, all the Forum parliamentarians and a delegation of South Sudanese parliamentarians, the Plenary Assembly allowed the participants to address important common issues and make strong resolutions. The several debates resulted in the adoption of a Declaration and the following five Resolutions:
- on the security situation in the Central African Republic;
- on the security situation in eastern DRC;
- on the security situation in Sudan and South Sudan;
- on sexual violence based on gender in the Great Lakes region and;
- on the parliamentary follow up of the decisions taken by the Heads of State and Government of the ICGLR.
Location: Kinshasa, DRC.